Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Solarium


I just love this room. I had gotten the "wicker" sofa a long time ago and thought it would be great to have it in this one corner of the first floor. I found a simulated flagstone mat that I cut and put in the corner. I got a piece of rather substantial basswood and had my husband cut it out on the band saw for me after carefully measuring the bay window and made a shelf which goes around the whole interior of the bay. I did the windows in white and rested the bottom of each one on the shelf. The best part is the flower arrangements. I just can't seem to stop buying them! I still want to get some more plants, especially a tall one to stand on the floor. I got a hanging plant and found that if I mixed a small amount of putty and glue it would stay on the celing quite well. I hung it with a length of small chain that I got at the hobby store and a jump ring that I bent into an S shape to attach the top of the hanger of the basket to the chain. The light coming in the window in this shot makes it look quite realistic.

2 comments:

  1. It's realy beautiful and looks so real.
    Regards,
    Meli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this room! Great idea to add the shelves. Your little flower pot is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete