Friday, January 22, 2010

Wonderful Invention

In looking through a catalog I noticed that there was a gadget that would convert a hanging light to a plug-in. I was intrigued as I was struggling with the chandelier in the cottage. The wire that I ran from the light to the tape was showing big time and the brads, even though they worked, were bulky looking. So I order one for the light. What a life-saver!

As you can see from this picture, you take off the pad and the cover and put the little extender on. Then you have to cut the wire short and strip the insulation off and thread the bare wires through the prongs in the plastic plate and then clip it in the extender. The hardest part, at least for me, is drilling the holes for the brass cups that accept the prongs. It took a while to get it firmly connected and finally lit. But it is considerably better looking, and more realistic, than running the wires along the tape and wrapping the bare wires around those tiny brads.

Now onto doing the same thing on the walls for the two wall sockets that I have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment